INVESTORS

Who We Are

Remembrance Group was founded in 2011 and is advised by highly experienced and successful funeral industry operators, who possess expertise in all critical areas of managing successful independent funeral businesses. Our goal is simple and is to provide exceptional personalized funeral services to help families memorialize their loved ones. We do this by creating lasting partnerships with our affiliated firms. Remembrance Group aims to eliminate challenges faced by independent funeral service businesses, and is on the forefront of innovative industry practices. We strive to create synergies between traditional practices and modern marketing trends. Our team is also focused on designing the best individualized experiential programs for our partners, with no "one size fits all" solutions.









Board Of Directors


Thumbnail Image

Dennis L. Smith
CEO

Mr. Smith, Remembrance Group CEO, has been in the funeral industry for over 44 years and has demonstrated success in all areas of the death care industry.

Read More


Thumbnail Image

Michael Margolies
Board Member

With more than 25 years' capital market experience, Michael is a respected investment industry veteran and is a huge asset to the Remembrance Group Board of Directors.

Read More

David J DeCarlo
Board Member

Mr. DeCarlo has more than 35 years of experince in the death care industry and has held many executive roles, making him a valuable board member.

Read More


Thumbnail Image

Ian Beadle
Board Member

Ian works as an Investment Analyst and successfully led the analysis and due diligence of eventual investment in Remembrance Group.

Read More


Thumbnail Image

Poul LeMasters
Board Member

Mr. LeMasters has worked in the funeral profession for over 25 years. His professional career covers both funeral service and law.

Read More


"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others".

- Mahatma Gandhi



Industry Information

Large & Growing Market  

The industry is growing steadily, driven by current demographic (baby boomer-death rate) trends. The United States population over 65 years of age was 50.9 million in 2016 and is expected to rise to 83.7 million by 2052, a 64% increase and compound annual growth rate of about 2%. An increase in the number of older Americans inevitably leads to an increasing number of deaths, while controlling for improvements in end-of-life- stage healthcare, as well as increases in obesity and associated diseases that reduce life expectancy. The number of deaths per year is 2.9 million in 2017 according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, up from 2.5 million in 2014, an increase of approximately 3% per year. Combining this increase in the annual number of deaths with an expected decrease in the total number of business locations to service those cases results in an expected double-digit market opportunity for existing funeral businesses.

Watch Our Featured Commercial

The Funeral Industry

We believe current market dynamics and trends are ideal to implement our company's business and growth strategy. In 2018, United States sales related to funeral services totaled nearly $15.2 billion, a 10.7 percent increase over 2014. As of 2019, there are approximately 19,136 funeral home locations in the United States according to the National Directory of Morticians Redbook. The "death care" industry is highly fragmented: there are three publicly traded companies that operate funeral homes and cemeteries in North America which control an estimated 10.8% of funeral homes in the United States and the remaining 89.2% are privately owned by families or individuals; 97% of these businesses employ fewer than 20 employees and 89% employ less than 10 The publicly traded companies include Service Corporation International, America's largest provider of death care products and services; StoneMor Partners, L.P., which primarily focuses on cemetery operations; and Carriage Services, Inc.

Contact Dennis or a Member of his Leadership Team

We are actively seeking to expand our horizons and share our vision with others. Reach out to us about creating a partnership or to learn more about how we could benefit you! Respect is difficult to earn and even harder to keep. We promise to keep all inquiries confidential.